Monday, December 15, 2008

The Dark Knight

I watched this movie for the first time on Saturday night, and found it to be quite enjoyable. There was really only one thing about the movie that bothered me. For the first hour and a half of the movie, I listened to Heath Ledger as the Joker and there was something so familiar in his voice that it was nagging at me every time he spoke. I couldn't place it, and it was starting to detract from the movie. Then, it hit me. Now listen closely to the Joker on this clip:


Who does he sound like? Well, unfortunately, I can't embed the video due to copyrights, so you'll have to click on This.

Yes, he sounds like Stuart Smalley. Maybe with slightly less of the lisp, but there is no denying the vocal resemblence. Now I don't want to trample on a man's grave, but there is no way Heath Ledger should win an Oscar for doing an even creepier Stuart Smalley.

Just one man's opinion.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Rest in peace, Stewart...Ah, I mean Heath. Maybe they should give Al Franken the Oscar since Heath won't...well you know. Just a thought.

Phil said...

Jim you incensitive Bastard